06 June 2008

What's Happening?!

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been spending a whole lot of time around here. It's been super busy lately. I do have a few extra minutes to put together a little update on what I've been working on so far this month.

6 days into the month and I've already been working on some RAK Scraps challenges. They are featuring 2 pretty great designers this month and I've already put together my LO's using their Newsletter mini kits. How it works: You sign up at RAK, download the Newsletter, grab the freebies, and take the challenge. Last month they featured Betsy Tuma and I actually won the newsletter challenge using her kit with this page:


It was pretty awesome and they gave me a $10 GC for her store which I've already used and recieved a couple great kits from her. I haven't had a chance to use them yet though.

Here's a peek at the mini's and my LO's from the designers this month:

First is Designs by Shelle, her mini is called 'A Little Birdie Told me'. I thought is was extremely cute and I just love the colors.

and my LO:


She is also hosting a sketch challenge. I've started my page but haven't finished it yet. You can check my RAK Gallery or the Designs by Shelle RAK gallery later today if you want to see what I did with that.


The second featured designer is Beth Rimmer and her mini "Night and Day". Truthfully, I had a hard time with her kit. I absolutely LOVE black and white though and in her challenge she told us to add a little color, so I did. Here's a preview:

and my LO:

That's it for the designers this month. I've also done some pages for a few of the other challenges.


This one was for the elements challenge. You had to use one of the flowers that were offered by

Tammy Bunch and her 'Endless Love" kit, A Bracket frame and some RicRac. For a bonus, some charms were included also.

Next, was a scraplift challenge. They featured one of the scrappers, Angie AKA MooMoosMommy, and you had to choose one of her pages and scraplift it. I chose to lift one of her ABC pages. "Z for Zoomer":


I really liked how she made the photo into blocks. I wish I had a picture of baby Madison like that. It's a very sweet picture. I also really liked the simplicity of this page. Plus, it made me want to start working on my own ABC book for Maddie. I haven't started on that yet, but it's closer to the top of the things to do list.

This was a color challenge LO. What was great about this one, was that I had the perfect kit to work with for the colors and I didn't have to manipulate it much. It was called 'Spring Swing' by Sarah Belle.


The last page I've made so far was for the sketch challenge. I didn't follow the sketch to a "T" on this one but I think it turned out very nice. I inspired MooMoosMommy to scraplift me because of my quote which reads:
"A little girl can be sweeter (and badder) oftener than anyone else in the world. She can jitter around, and stomp, and make funny noises that frazzle your nerves, yet just when you open your mouth she stands there demure with that special look in her eyes. A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot." -Alan Marshall Beck

Well, I think that's it so far this month. I finally got the "SOsunny" kits from Scrap Orchard and Sunshine Studios. I have yet to use them though. Maybe this weekend. Baby Madison is with her grandparents till Saturday evening so between cleaning the house and sitting on my bum, I should be able to get a few more pages done and use some of those kits that I've gotten recently.
I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: